Friday, November 18, 2011

Uniform: Numero Uno

Let's talk about uniforms. I started wearing a uniform when I was 5. It was my first day of kindergarden at my small Catholic school and I came to school wearing a cute plaid green jumper. So cute! Everyone else was in grey and red. Oops. My mum bought the wrong one... She knows I don't want to be like everyone else? Fast forward a few years ago to my ALL GIRLS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL (where I also met my personal geisha Eurie). Those plaid skirts, knee high socks, loafers and button down... I hated it all, but at the same loved the fact that I could roll out of my bed not thinking about what the hell I was going to wear. Easy like sunday moooorning. 


I still keep somewhat of a uniform despite my clothing choice freedom. My basic uniform that I wear for class consists of:







(Denim button down? Cropped Sweater: H&M. Jeans: Uniqlo. Badass red platforms. you know)

1.) Button Down Shirt. I like my button downs to be in either denim or chiffon just because poplin can be so damn boring. And chiffon adds a little "ooh lala what is she wearing under there".

2.) Pants Party. I mostly wear denim or cords

3.) Sweater. I cannot tell you how much I love sweaters. I fucking love sweaters!!!...!! If I could make myself a sweater cocoon pod that I would travel in, I would probably die of infinite comfort and happiness. 

4.) Platforms. I realized I can longer walk in heels where my toes are not raised by a platform. In other words I can only wear platformed heels. Or else I look like a waddling duck. So the higher the platform the better!


Yes. It all sounds pretty basic. And it is. With basic silhouettes and pieces, I use fabric choice for a little more VAVOOM. That makes all the difference. 

So uniform awaaay!!

Toodles Poodles and Happy friday aka One more day til Versace for H&M 


x


Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment